Monday, August 15, 2011

Unexpected Day off WORK!!!

Well, I very unexpectedly took a day off work today.  So unexpected, I showed up to work... and then just left.  LOL.  I got to work and realized that I had left my computer at home (DANG IT!!)... then Kason has been having this eye "goo" and dry cough/sneeze going on for the last week so I finally decided to take him to the doctor.

He's fine... he's on the tail end of a virus (regular cold)... He's still happy go-lucky... just with green goo coming out of his eye.  He's napping now, he missed his morning nap because of the doctor's appointment.

So, in lieu of going back and forth to work three times today, I just took the day off.  It's actually been WONDERFUL!  So fun!  I got home and went on a 4 mile run, picked Kason up, went to the doctor, fed him, got him down for a nap, ate lunch w/ John, yada, yada, yada... all in all, good day so far.

I also cooked a noodle-less lasagna for dinner.  I wanted to share the recipe... It's baking now and smells SOOO YUMMY!!!  I can't wait to eat it for dinner.  I'm quite positive this is a dish that adults and children will both like, so you should try it.  It is pretty healthy (in moderation of course).

Zucchini, Spinach and Italian Turkey Sausage Lasagna (without Noodles)

Preheat your oven to 425

Mix: 8oz of onion and chive cream cheese, 15oz of Low Fat Ricotta Cheese, 1/2 cup chopped basil (fresh), 1 tsp salt.

Brown sausage

Slice (thinly) 4-5 zucchini's and sauté with 2 cloves garlic, add 10oz spinach (fresh or frozen will work), let wilt if you used fresh.

Layer zucchini mix, cheese mix, sausage, zucchini mix, cheese mix.  Sprinkle with Mozzarella.

Cover with sprayed foil.

Bake 30 minutes covered, Bake 5 minutes uncovered.

WA-LA!  Super easy, only takes about 20 minutes of prep-time.

Finally, add spouse, children, kitchen table and a prayer of thanksgiving to the Lord and your sure to have a great evening!!!

Enjoy! Kason's awake, time to play!

1 comment:

Michelle Langley said...

YUM!!!! Sounds delicious!!